Unfortunately, many people suffer from tooth loss as a result of gum disease, tooth decay, or injury. However, cosmetic dental services at Lovett Dental Conroe can bring back your smile and confidence if you have lost or broken teeth. A dental implant is a permanent replacement for broken or missing teeth. Contact us by calling 936.274.1925.
Dental Services At Lovett Dental Conroe
There are numerous services that our dental office offers. These include the following:
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacements missing teeth. They can give your mouth a strong foundation to support artificial teeth. These artificial teeth can match your natural teeth in terms of appearance and feel. You can get them through dental implant services.
Who Needs Dental Implants Services?
If you are interested in getting dental implants, you have to meet certain requirements. You must be in good general health, have healthy gums and sufficient bone to support implants. If you are not a smoker, don’t have chronic illnesses like heart disease or diabetes, practice good oral hygiene and regularly visit your dentist for cleanings, you should be a good candidate for the surgery. It’s important to speak with your dentist to ensure that you can benefit from implants.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants Services?
There are many benefits you can enjoy from dental implant surgery with your new implants. They include the following:
- Better appearance: The implants fuse with the bone
- Better comfort: Implants feel natural in your mouth
- Easier eating: You do not have to avoid certain foods
- Better self-esteem: Your confidence can gain a boost when you get implants
- Better oral health: Implants keep your natural teeth healthy; practicing good oral hygiene is easier
- Durability: Implants can last for years or even a lifetime with proper care
- Better speech: Ability to speak better with dental implant surgery as implants stay in place
- Convenience: Implants are permanent; you do not have to remove them
Why Are Dental Implants Services Performed?
Dental implant services are a good option when you prefer not to get a bridge or dentures and you have enough healthy bone to support the implants. They are secured in place in the jawbone and are secure. The implants then set and hold artificial teeth in place.
Types of Available Dental Implants
There are two types of dental implants that you can get that are considered safe by the American Dental Association (ADA). Endosteal implants are those that are implanted directly into the jawbone. After the gum heals, dentists will perform a second procedure to connect a post to the implant. Afterward, your dentist will attach an artificial tooth. Alternatively, your dentist can add a bridge.
Subperiosteal implants are made of a metallic frame. Dentists fix these onto the jawbone. Once the gum tissue heals, dentists then place artificial teeth onto the posts on the frame. Both of these options replace the natural teeth that have been lost.
Preparing for Dental Implants Services
An oral and maxillofacial surgeon performs dental implants. When you have decided this is the right option for you, you should properly prepare for the surgery. With oral surgery, you will need more than one procedure. This means the following must happen first:
- Comprehensive dental exam: an X-ray and 3D images are taken of your mouth and jaw
- Review of your medical history so your dentist is aware of any medical conditions you have: your dentist will also need to know about any supplements and medications you take and whether they are prescription or over the counter
- Customized treatment plan: a treatment plan will take into consideration the condition of the bone in your jaw, your remaining teeth, and how many dental implants you need to replace missing teeth