It may be possible to minimize the onset of some dental health problems by utilizing preventative dentistry. Preventative dental services are those that help to keep your teeth healthy and prevent the onset or worsening of a dental problem. When you invest in preventative dental care, you may be able to minimize the risks you face over time. At Lovett Dental Conroe, our primary goal is to ensure your teeth remain as healthy as possible.
What Is Preventative Dentistry?
You may know the importance of coming in every six months for a dental exam and general teeth cleaning. Preventative dentistry goes further in preventing problems from occurring. The type of preventative dentistry services we offer is the most innovative and respected technique in the industry. Because of how effective they are, you may be able to reduce some of the risks you have in the years to come.
What Type of Preventative Dentistry Services Are Best for You?
After a full exam and x-ray, our team will provide you with some recommendations. This is based on your dental health right now and potential problems that could develop for you over time. Some of the preventative dental care we may recommend for you includes:
- Dental Fluoride Treatments: Designed to help strengthen the teeth, fluoride treatments are a fast and easy way to minimize decay risk, especially if you are not getting fluoride any other way or need more of it.
- Deep Cleaning: Some people at the beginning stages of gum disease may benefit from a deep cleaning. This process removes the bacteria and build-up that’s occurring along the gums, reducing the risk of periodontal disease.
- Dental Sealants: If you have had cavities or are at risk, dental sealants become important. Sealants are placed over the top of an existing tooth to help limit bacteria and damage from occurring to the soft tissues of the teeth.
Do You Need Preventative Dental Care or Routine Dental Care?
When your dentist recommends some types of procedures, you may be unsure why you need them. Be sure to ask questions so you fully understand what these services can do for you. Our preventative dentistry services can be very effective in protecting your dental health. The benefit here comes in many forms – not having expensive dental care needs, keeping your natural teeth longer, and retaining your smile are some of them. We’ll never recommend a treatment that’s not beneficial to you in these or other ways.
Improving Your Dental Health
If you are ready to find out which preventative dentistry services are right for your needs, reach our team today. We’ll listen to your concerns and offer ideas to help you. Most of the time, we’ll make preventative dental care recommendations when you come in for your routine dental appointment. This is a good time for us to teach you about ways to prevent cavities and decay.
As a full-service provider, our preventative dentistry services are just some ways to help you improve your dental health or maintain it. We encourage you to learn more about our preventative dental services as well as any other service we can help you with, such as:
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Pediatric dentistry services
- General dentistry services
- Oral surgery specialists
- Restorative dentistry services
Schedule an Appointment to Protect Your Teeth – Call Lovett Dental Conroe
Preventive dentistry can help protect your smile for years to come. At Lovett Dental Conroe, we offer a range of preventative dentistry services that may meet your specific needs or that of your family. Preventative dental care is just a phone call away at 936-760-2400 or by connecting with us online.