Like many others, you may be nervous or even suffer heightened anxiety when you think about going to the dentist. This happens to many people, even if it’s just for routine cleaning. However, at Lovett Dental Conroe, we offer pain-free dentistry as part of our commitment to provide you with the latest options in dental care. Our compassionate staff can help reduce your anxiety and get you the oral care you need.
Prepare For Your Dental Appointment
First-time visits to the dentist involve facing the unknown. This can cause many children and even adults to be overly anxious. However, you can be an active participant in your dental care. Here are some helpful tips:
- Find a pain-free dentist that specializes in a wide variety of pain-free dentistry services.
- Look for dental offices that offer a flat-screen TV with headphones that cancel out the noise to keep you occupied while undergoing a procedure.
- Learn and understand new technologies and methods to assist you. Have your sedation specialist choose what is best for you.
- Did you know that anxiety can magnify pain? Negative experiences in our past can cause us to be nervous and even suffer high anxiety. It is important to let go of the past and focus on the positive.
- When you struggle to control your anxiety, try deep breathing meditation before you go for your appointment.
- Listen to music on the way to or during your appointment that makes you smile or takes you to another place in your mind.
Today’s Pain-Free Dentistry Options
Pain-free general dentistry utilizes numbing gels, Lidocaine, nitrous oxide, and oral or IV sedation methods. Let’s explore them a bit more in detail:
- Numbing gel is a topical anesthetic that numbs gum tissues allowing your dentist to inject local anesthetic without causing you pain. Children and adults often like the tasty flavored gels.
- Lidocaine is a local anesthetic injection that numbs the area and wears off within a few hours after your procedure. Used in combination with numbing gel can be pain-free, and Lidocaine isn’t associated with the groggy sensation other sedation methods might cause.
- Nitrous Oxide, or as it used to be referred to as “laughing gas,” helps with anxiety and brings you to a state of calm. If you suffer from heightened anxiety due to past painful experiences, nitrous oxide is a good choice to help you achieve a pain-free dentistry experience. Once it is no longer being administered, nitrous oxide wears off within minutes, allowing you to drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedation involves the administration of medication in the form of a pill about an hour before your procedure. Practice safe driving and arrange for someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
- IV Sedation is administered by our specialized Lovett sedation dentists to assist in more complex or lengthy dental procedures. As with oral sedation, IV sedation impairs your ability to drive, so you will need to have a designated driver for your appointment.
Find What You Need with Lovett Dental Conroe
Whether you need routine or urgent emergency dental services, Lovett Dental Conroe has multiple offices offering pain-free dentistry. If you’d like to know more about us and our practice before making an appointment, you can visit our about page for information. We also invite you to visit our COVID-19 page to learn about the precautions we take to help keep you safe.
For more information on pain-free dentistry and to become a part of the Lovett Dental family, please call Lovett Dental Conroe at 936-760-2400 for an appointment today. If you prefer, you can also reach out to us by visiting our contact page.